Content Management Systems (CMS) provide a user with the ability to manipulate website content without possessing any technical training or programming knowledge. In the case of this prominent media company with multiple affiliates, their needs would go beyond a simple CMS to include the ability to manage content for a number of regional outlet websites, all using a single, integrated control panel.
- Ease of use. Create a content management solution offering advanced capabilities and a low learning curve.
- Flexibility. Users require the ability to make changes and additions with ease.
- Scalability. The platform needs the ability to expand its core features and manage multiple websites in parallel.
- Clarity. A clear and concise interface avoids ambiguity by making everything clear through language, flow, hierarchy and metaphors for visual elements.
- Control. Users control all facets of content creation, editing, and other essential maintenance functions.
- Modular architecture. Built around a core platform, individual modules make up the infrastructure of the CMS, allowing for the addition of new features as needed. The ability to track multiple website accounts within the core allows for parallel content management.
- Empowerment. Without technical experience, organizations are able to manage their websites from within, putting the control in the hands of the users.
- Freshness. With content management made so easy, updates are performed more frequently ensuring current and up-to-date information.
- Reduced costs. Creating websites quickly and efficiently using internal resources means less cost out of pocket.
After analyzing their website management needs and taking stock of the current CMS landscape, this prominent media company chose an innovative, custom solution from Supra Its.
Anyone can do it
The custom CMS solution developed by Supra Its offered a full featured platform ideal for any organization confronted with content management challenges and who seek rapid implementation, rock-solid performance, and efficiency. Website update capabilities are not limited to professional developers and designers anymore, but can be implemented by anyone with minimal training.
Easy yet powerful
Although the CMS combines an intuitive interface and low learning curve, underneath is a powerful, full featured system with all of the components required to successfully manage a website. Features that make this solution a valuable asset include:
- Multi-site publishing
- Multi-user capabilities
- Rapid deployment
- Flexible workflow management
- Powerful WYSIWYG editor
- Enhanced security
- Search Engine friendly
As a closed source solution, the custom developed CMS solution offers the added benefit of its code not being openly available on the Internet, vulnerable to anyone with the time and inclination to identify and exploit vulnerabilities. Combined with integrated security features such as the routine encryption of sensitive data, the CMS platform is as secure as it is comprehensive.
The custom CMS solution’s structure was developed to meet even the largest and most complex demands in addition to being continually extendable. Even for organizations with a large number of employees, the platform provides an impressive capacity for managing both current and future requirements.
Multiple websites can be created and administered from a single installation and for organizations that have a worldwide presence, a large number of intricate, global, and even multi-lingual web presences can be managed from within a single application.
The custom CMS solution, with its low learning curve and time-saving features, provided procedural changes which will have a long lasting effect on time and cost, allowing the client to continue reaping benefits over the long term. Benefits such as integrating content into multiple websites efficiently, reducing the staff required to oversee operations, and providing the ability for multiple sources to contribute content optimizes resources and lowers cost.