Personal information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form, such as:
- age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
- Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
We collect and use information about you and your use of our website and our products and services (herein called “Information”) to:
- Initiate and maintain a business relationship with you as our customer in connection with our products and services.
- Provide you with personalized services and product offerings by use of direct marketing to our current customer base, as well as new potential customers.
- Comply with any legal requirements or requests due to a legal proceeding.
Supra ITS is responsible for information under our control. We have assigned an individual who is accountable for our organization’s compliance to the Privacy Principles set out by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Whenever we collect information from a customer or potential customer we identify the purpose for which the information will be used.
Consent and knowledge of the individual is required before we collect or disclose any personal information, except in cases where it is inappropriate.
We only collect information that is necessary for the purpose identified by our organization.
Just as Supra ITS takes steps to limit the types of information we collect from you, we carefully regulate how we handle your personal information. We do not use your information for purposes other than those to which you have consented, or as required by law (for example in a legal investigation).
We are committed to ensuring that our records of your personal information are accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Although it is your responsibility to inform Supra ITS of any relevant changes in your personal information, we will take steps to ensure that you are able from time to time to verify the information in your file.
Supra ITS uses appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of your personal information. These safeguards are designed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Your records are accessible only to staff who have been given the authority to access them and only as is necessary to provide services to you.
So that you can be confident that Supra ITS is handling your personal information appropriately, Supra ITS will make information about its policies and practices concerning management of personal information readily available to you. As such, Supra ITS lists our policies on our website for viewing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for reading by all.
If at any time you have a question about our records containing your personal information, we will do our best to answer it. You have the right to be told about the kind of personal information Supra ITS maintains, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. You are entitled to challenge the factual accuracy as well as the completeness and relevance of our records. Incorrect information will be promptly corrected or, if necessary, deleted.
An important measure of Supra ITS’s compliance with the ten privacy principles is your perception of our practices and procedures. We welcome your comments and suggestions concerning this privacy statement and will respond to any concerns you may have about its application.