Supra ITS Opens Fast Lane to the Public Cloud for Small- and Mid-Sized Canadian Enterprises
Customers can connect directly to Amazon Web Services (AWS) using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute at no extra cost as part of their hybrid cloud managed by Supra ITS
TORONTO – Supra ITS, a leading provider of managed and cloud IT services for small- and mid-sized Canadian enterprises, now supports fast, direct and secure connections to Amazon Web Services (AWS) using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute.
Providing direct, secure connections to major public cloud platforms is part of Supra ITS’ overall commitment to helping customers be “public cloud neutral.” As a Canadian managed IT services provider, the company has invested in this direct to connectivity to AWS and Microsoft Azure to enable customers to embrace a true hybrid cloud model that is fast and secure. It will soon make available similar direct connections to Oracle and Google public cloud infrastructure.
“We recognize that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to the public cloud,” said Sanjeev, Spoila, CEO of Supra ITS. “Organizations of all sizes want flexibility and scalability depending on the data they’re storing and the workloads they’re running in the cloud. Our support for AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute helps customers take advantage of the public cloud of their choice.”
Supra ITS’ comprehensive managed, hybrid cloud portfolio, includes integrating customer adoption of public cloud services, enabling customers to combine their on-premise, private cloud and public cloud deployments to fully take advantage of the full benefits of a managed hybrid cloud model. As noted by research firm InfoTech, there’s been lots of hype about cloud, but the adoption trends are real, with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure leading the charge. At the same time, private clouds both on-premises and in hosted services continue to grow. This presents an opportunity to transform IT to be an effective broker of services from the hybrid cloud.
In addition to reduced latency and improved performance, one the key benefits of directly connecting to the public cloud is security. Supra ITS’ connections to AWS using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute are backed by its end-to-end security that spans its customers’ premise IT infrastructure, public cloud services providers and its own Tier 3 data centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
“Direct connections to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure provide Supra ITS customers with security and performance,” said Justin Folkerts, Chief Technology Officer of Supra ITS. “These direct connections mitigate risk as customers transition to the public cloud and ensure data sovereignty – all customer data remains in Canada while in transit and at rest.”
Connection set-up costs for Supra ITS customers are normally included as part of transition services for our managed IT customers. Ongoing costs for AWS Direct Connect for are included for Supra ITS managed IT services customers where we manage their private and public cloud. Other AWS and Azure costs are extra and depend upon the usage.
Quick Facts About Supra ITS’s Support for AWS Direct Connect
- AWS Direct Connect makes it easy for Supra ITS customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises as well as their facilities managed by Supra ITS to AWS. AWS Direct Connect enables private connectivity between AWS and the customer’s data centre, office, or colocation environment.
- The Canadian AWS Direct Connect facility is located at 250 Front St. W, Toronto. Companies can set up a single connection to any AWS Direct Connect location in North America and use it to then access public AWS services in any North American region and AWS GovCloud.
- Supra ITS customers can quickly and easily connect to AWS using their AWS Management Console. The console provides a single view to efficiently manage all their connections and virtual interfaces, including those to Supra ITS facilities and infrastructure.
Quick Facts About Supra ITS’s Support for Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute
- Supra ITS customers can use Azure ExpressRoute to create private connections between Azure data centres and infrastructure on their premises or in a colocation environment, including their infrastructure at Supra ITS.
- Microsoft uses industry standard dynamic routing protocol (BGP) to exchange routes between a customer’s on-premises network, their instances in Azure, and Microsoft public addresses. It establishes multiple BGP sessions with the customer’s network for different traffic profiles.
- Supra ITS customers can use ExpressRoute to add compute and storage capacity to its existing data centre or facilities at Supra ITS, enabling them to enjoy the scale and economics of the public cloud without having to compromise on network performance. They can also build hybrid applications that span on-premises infrastructure.
To inquire about installing this service, email email@example.com.
About Supra ITS
Supra ITS is a full-service provider of managed IT services focused on helping small- and mid-sized enterprises get the most from their hybrid cloud by seamlessly integrating on-premise, private and public cloud infrastructure. Our “public cloud neutral” approach leverages partnerships with Microsoft, Oracle and HPE to deliver a wide range of IT services, including end-user support, managed systems and networks, as well as custom application development. Established in 1999, Supra ITS is Canadian-owned and operated with world-class Tier 3 data centres in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in the United States and overseas.