- July 16, 2016
ORION Offers Supra ITS Managed Cloud Services
Canadian-based IT hybrid and public cloud company tailors services to the needs of public sector
(Toronto) – Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network (ORION) is pleased to partner with Supra ITS to provide its managed information technology and cloud services to the ORION community. The partnership gives ORION-connected research, education and innovation institutions direct access to Supra ITS’ Canadian-based, world-class, and managed cloud services. These services include compute, storage, networking and operating systems at both the infrastructure and application layers.
“ORION is pleased to offer our connected institutions with enterprise-class cloud hosting, Infrastructure-as-a-Service and other mission-critical managed IT services from Supra ITS. This partnership means that institutions can access Supra ITS’ services over ORION’s reliable, ultra-fast fibre-optic network,” says Brad Gray, Director of Business Development and Strategic Alliances. “Supra ITS is the newest partner in our Nebula services, and we chose Supra ITS for their comprehensive expertise. Their services give customers the choice between in-house or managed IT functions, and the option to maintain control over the entire hybrid environment – just the type of flexibility our community has been asking for.”
“I am delighted to partner with ORION to extend our exceptional service and solutions to Ontario’s public sector, which ORION serves. Understanding the concerns of Canadian research and education institutions, we are excited to support this important knowledge economy,” says Sanjeev Spolia, CEO of Supra ITS. “These kinds of institutions have unique data security needs. Supra ITS possesses a thorough understanding of Canadian federal and provincial legislation on data, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), data storage and data classification compliance, as well as international legislation and regulations.”
Supra ITS’ expertise enables ORION-connected institutions to choose between in-house or managed IT functions, backed by the company’s world-class Tier 3 data centres in Ontario. Based on the robust HP Enterprise Helion Cloud System, Supra ITS’ dedicated, private cloud model is designed to reduce costs, administration and maintenance for customers, which include the option to scale public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- ORION’s connected institutions can choose among three levels of Supra ITS’ managed service desk support, ranging from basic, over-the-phone end user support for hardware and applications, to advanced operating and networking services.
- The Nebula is a collection of hand-picked, made-in-Canada cloud and software service providers. All Nebula partners meet ORION’s high customer satisfaction standards by providing an SLA, competitive price, as well as having its services vetted from a technical, financial and business perspective.
- By linking ORION’s connected institutions to a variety of strategic Nebula partners, ORION delivers a collection of unique value-added capabilities that enhances the pursuit of knowledge, social impact and economic outcomes every day.
- Supra ITS’ Managed Service Desk packages are tailored for the public and education sector with 24/7 IT helpdesk and are compliant with in-house and third-party service providers.
- Managed Storage, Backup & Disaster Recovery Services from Supra ITS include cloud-based data backup, recovery and retention, remote disaster recovery, business continuity and data protection, off-site storage and archiving.
- Whether an onsite or cloud solution, data from ORION’s connected institutions will always be safe and available, backed by Supra ITS’ Tier 3 data centres in the GTA, with accessible reports and audit logs via centralized administrative control.
- The company is a Vendor of Record (VOR) in the three categories for the Government of Ontario: I & IT Solutions Consulting Services, Management Consulting Services, and Task-based I & IT Services. The company’s VOR status recognizes its experience and expertise in many areas valued and required by public sector departments and institutions.
- Supra ITS’ managed cloud services model includes a dedicated, high performance distributed file storage network dedicated to making sure the data and applications of ORION-connected institutions are kept in Canada – both production and backup environments. To inquire about installing this service, ORION-connected institutions can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Supra ITS directly at TalkToUs@supraits.com
About Supra ITS
Supra ITS is a full-service technology partner, providing customers across a variety of industries with seamless, extensive infrastructure and managed IT services that deliver value, business efficiencies and boost performance. From hardware, software and Cloud infrastructure to strategic consulting and a complete suite of Managed IT services, Supra ITS offers clients the full-service package, and has been Canadian owned and operated since opening its doors in 1999. With a network of integrated companies – each an expert in its field – Supra ITS can build, manage and maintain network and IT infrastructure over key business areas, from Cloud services to strategic consulting, networks and security to service desk and support.
As Ontario’s backbone of innovation, the Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network (ORION) is one of the largest Research, Education and Innovation (RE&I) networks in the world. ORION connects all of Ontario’s universities, most colleges, several teaching hospitals, public research facilities, and a growing number of Ontario’s school boards to one another and to a global network of RE&I connections. In addition to providing one of the world’s fastest broadband connections, ORION is a research and innovation partner for our users. Through our technology and support, ORION constantly strives to keep Ontario on the leading edge of innovation.
For further information
Marketing and Public Relations, Supra ITS
Supra ITS Office: 905.593.1050
Director, Marketing and Communications, Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network (ORION)
- January 25, 2018
Supra ITS Opens Fast Lane to the Public Cloud for Small- and Mid-Sized Canadian Enterprises
Customers can connect directly to Amazon Web Services (AWS) using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute at no extra cost as part of their hybrid cloud managed by Supra ITS
TORONTO – Supra ITS, a leading provider of managed and cloud IT services for small- and mid-sized Canadian enterprises, now supports fast, direct and secure connections to Amazon Web Services (AWS) using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute.
Providing direct, secure connections to major public cloud platforms is part of Supra ITS’ overall commitment to helping customers be “public cloud neutral.” As a Canadian managed IT services provider, the company has invested in this direct to connectivity to AWS and Microsoft Azure to enable customers to embrace a true hybrid cloud model that is fast and secure. It will soon make available similar direct connections to Oracle and Google public cloud infrastructure.
“We recognize that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to the public cloud,” said Sanjeev, Spoila, CEO of Supra ITS. “Organizations of all sizes want flexibility and scalability depending on the data they’re storing and the workloads they’re running in the cloud. Our support for AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute helps customers take advantage of the public cloud of their choice.”
Supra ITS’ comprehensive managed, hybrid cloud portfolio, includes integrating customer adoption of public cloud services, enabling customers to combine their on-premise, private cloud and public cloud deployments to fully take advantage of the full benefits of a managed hybrid cloud model. As noted by research firm InfoTech, there’s been lots of hype about cloud, but the adoption trends are real, with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure leading the charge. At the same time, private clouds both on-premises and in hosted services continue to grow. This presents an opportunity to transform IT to be an effective broker of services from the hybrid cloud.
In addition to reduced latency and improved performance, one the key benefits of directly connecting to the public cloud is security. Supra ITS’ connections to AWS using AWS Direct Connect and to Microsoft Azure using ExpressRoute are backed by its end-to-end security that spans its customers’ premise IT infrastructure, public cloud services providers and its own Tier 3 data centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
“Direct connections to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure provide Supra ITS customers with security and performance,” said Justin Folkerts, Chief Technology Officer of Supra ITS. “These direct connections mitigate risk as customers transition to the public cloud and ensure data sovereignty – all customer data remains in Canada while in transit and at rest.”
Connection set-up costs for Supra ITS customers are normally included as part of transition services for our managed IT customers. Ongoing costs for AWS Direct Connect for are included for Supra ITS managed IT services customers where we manage their private and public cloud. Other AWS and Azure costs are extra and depend upon the usage.
Quick Facts About Supra ITS’s Support for AWS Direct Connect
- AWS Direct Connect makes it easy for Supra ITS customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises as well as their facilities managed by Supra ITS to AWS. AWS Direct Connect enables private connectivity between AWS and the customer’s data centre, office, or colocation environment.
- The Canadian AWS Direct Connect facility is located at 250 Front St. W, Toronto. Companies can set up a single connection to any AWS Direct Connect location in North America and use it to then access public AWS services in any North American region and AWS GovCloud.
- Supra ITS customers can quickly and easily connect to AWS using their AWS Management Console. The console provides a single view to efficiently manage all their connections and virtual interfaces, including those to Supra ITS facilities and infrastructure.
Quick Facts About Supra ITS’s Support for Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute
- Supra ITS customers can use Azure ExpressRoute to create private connections between Azure data centres and infrastructure on their premises or in a colocation environment, including their infrastructure at Supra ITS.
- Microsoft uses industry standard dynamic routing protocol (BGP) to exchange routes between a customer’s on-premises network, their instances in Azure, and Microsoft public addresses. It establishes multiple BGP sessions with the customer’s network for different traffic profiles.
- Supra ITS customers can use ExpressRoute to add compute and storage capacity to its existing data centre or facilities at Supra ITS, enabling them to enjoy the scale and economics of the public cloud without having to compromise on network performance. They can also build hybrid applications that span on-premises infrastructure.
To inquire about installing this service, email email@example.com.
About Supra ITS
Supra ITS is a full-service provider of managed IT services focused on helping small- and mid-sized enterprises get the most from their hybrid cloud by seamlessly integrating on-premise, private and public cloud infrastructure. Our “public cloud neutral” approach leverages partnerships with Microsoft, Oracle and HPE to deliver a wide range of IT services, including end-user support, managed systems and networks, as well as custom application development. Established in 1999, Supra ITS is Canadian-owned and operated with world-class Tier 3 data centres in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in the United States and overseas.